Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Just scribbling...

I am in college in my Project lab, absolutely jobless. I have tried out everything to utilize my time. I went to the library and after a long wait of 10 minutes, issued a VB 6 book. Checked out if there was a net connection at my terminal and was immensely elated when I saw Google opening. So first I open the Infy campus connect site and go through the study materials…too uninteresting. Consider checking my mails…I have already done that in the morning. Now, I am struck with a better idea…Read blogs!! I ask Ananya to try out Subhankar’s last post (not sure if she would form some opinion about him but quite sure she’s gonna form some kind of opinion about me. But now, that I see her laughing, I am feeling so relieved!!) and I start reading Amitabh’s blogs. He took a train from Paris to London which passed through the CHUNNEL, the Europe tour has come to an end and he’s returning home, he has asked Jaya to apologize for her unintended comments which hurt the sentiments of the Maharastrians. Now after too much of this reading of blogs and Bachchan stuff I am really getting bored. Right now, discussions on the much talked about experiment, the LARGE HALDRON COLLIDER, that would take place in Geneva at 12o’clock, is going on. Ananya is listing the benefits, if we die(the news says the experiment might prove too dangerous destroying everything)… “No Campus Connect classes, No codings for our project” and when I say we won’t be able to chat in the evenings, she says “hum upar chat karenge . No net bills and net problems”. But as I join her in planning out our”life after death”, Alok says, if the experiment fails, we won’t die at once; it would take a few months. All the fun is over :-( Then I overhear the boys talking about F1. Sounds interesting!! My quest help me find that the next race is taking place this Sunday at Monza, Italy, the race begins after a countdown of 15 minutes, and there are 5 lights each of which goes out successively in the last five minutes of the countdown, and there are some sixty to seventy laps in a race and etc. etc. Now these stupid guys are not entertaining any more of my questions. So ultimately I get back to studies (which I had been avoiding for the past two hours) and decide to help out Ananya and Veronica with VB. I assist them in doing a program to add two numbers and finding out the codes to run a program with multiple forms. It’s around 12o’clock and Vandana ma’m, our project in-charge steps into the lab(our classes start at 9:45am and our project faculties are just too punctual and that’s why we have strict orders to be in the lab by 10am). After her tour of the lab checking each students terminal, scolding everyone who’s using the internet for things other than their projects, thank God she feels like taking the attendance. I am glad this useless three hours has come to an end. All of a sudden “mere dimag ki batti jali” and I decide to turn this scribbling into a post for my blog so that my current frequency of one post a month increases :-)

2 comments:

Ananya said...

hey seems u r taking interest in F1 race!! kya baat hai??getting inspired by ur ideal !! seems so. bt i really njoy reading ur blogs! keep writing!!

Unknown said...

oh!my god!!I thought i was fighting a losing battle alone but i see there are people supporting me.I am so relieved

anyway nice funky post.first a bar,now f1 and some hadron collider thing(physics) won't be surprised if the next thing will be naming your posts after Beatles and pink floyd songs...

by the way as i said good scribbling.keep up the good work.ypors is a good read:)